Friday 12 December 2014

Broccoli Salad

So I'm always posting oven dishes and so I've decided to share this one. You might know it, but I had my first experience with it about 2 years ago at my friend Anna-Marie's house and it was amazing. 

2 heads Broccoli
10ml Olive oil
125g diced bacon
1 Onion - diced
500g button mushroom - siced or diced, as desired
Plain Yogurt - Greek or otherwise
Mayonnaise
Nuts of choice - cut into tiny pieces
Feta cheese
Apple - optional
Raisins - optional


Boil Broccoli until al dente (still firm). Drain and place one side
Fry onion, mushroom and bacon.
Mix with broccoli.
Add nuts. 
Add cheese.
Mix in 1:1 ratio of yogurt and mayonnaise.
Serve

Easy. Delicious.


2 comments:

  1. I made this salad for Christmas Day, it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it. Thanks Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge pleasure!! You should try the banana... It's just as awesome! That was our salad hit new years...

    ReplyDelete